Founded March 27, 1911, in Detroit, Michigan, by businessmen who wanted to “exchange” ideas, Exchange had its beginnings as a luncheon gathering of businessmen known as the Boosters’ Club. Desiring to “exchange” ideas, the members shared stories, provided business advice to one another and began to dream about what they might accomplish with their collective talents and mutual interests. For the past 100 years, the volunteer efforts of Exchange Club members have supported the needs of the country and of local communities. With 700 clubs and over 21,000 members throughout the United States and Puerto Rico, Exchange is the country’s oldest service organization operating exclusively in the United States. Exchange sponsors activities designed to benefit, award and develop our nation’s youth, promote crime prevention, serve senior citizens and recognize military and public safety service providers. Exchange also promotes Americanism programs, and its national project is the prevention of child abuse.