This policy address information gathered via:
- Exchange’s website
- Email, text and other electronic messaging as facilitated through the website
- Mobile and desktop applications and downloads from the website, which provides dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the website
- Interact with advertising and applications on third-party websites and services
It does not apply to information gathered via:
- Offline use or through any other means including on any other website operated by any third party
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from, or on, the website
This policy also addresses policies and practices concerning information and how Exchange will treat it. If you do not agree with these policies and procedures, please do not use Exchange’s website – by accessing or using the website, the user implicitly agrees with Exchange’s policy. Exchange reserves the right to periodically update and revise this policy, and considers sustained use of the website after such changes as user acceptance of those changes. Users are encouraged to periodically review the policy for such updates. Please contact Exchange with questions or concerns regarding the meaning and/or context of the information provided in this English-language version (the official version).
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
Exchange collects several forms of information regarding users of www.nationalexchangeclub.org, such as information that:
- May personally identify users, including name, postal address, email address and/or telephone number
- Concerns, but does not identify individual users, i.e. age, gender, language preferences, expertise, date of birth, etc.
- Identifies a user’s internet connection, the equipment used to access our website and /or usage details
User information is gathered when:
- Provided directly by the user
- Users navigate through the website – this information may include usage details, IP addresses and information tracked through cookies and/or similar technology
- Provided by third parties contracted by Exchange
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
Exchange collects information provided to the organization through the website, such as:
- Information provided through forms on our website, including information provided when requesting additional information and through the Member Resources section/database, when donating to The National Exchange Club Foundation, and while subscribing to services available via the website, including records and copies of correspondence (including email addresses) as generated through the “contact us “option
- Responses to surveys, information when entering a contest or promotion and when reporting a problem with the website
- Details of transactions conducted via the website and regarding completion of orders, including financial information provided to process and order
- Search queries on the website
- There may be features that are developed in the future and may result in the collection of additional new information
Users may provide information to be published or displayed (“posted”) on public areas of the website, or transmitted to other users of the website or third parties (“user content”). User content is posted on and transmitted to others at the user’s risk. Although Exchange limits access to certain pages, users may set certain privacy settings within in their own browser settings, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, Exchange cannot control the actions of other users of the website with whom a user chooses to share content.
USAGE DETAILS, IP ADDRESSES, COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
Exchange may automatically collect information regarding users’ equipment, browsing actions and patterns as users navigate through, and interact with, the website, such as:
Details regarding a user’s experience on the website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources accessed and used:
- Information regarding the computer and internet connection, including IP address, operating system and browser type
Automatically collected information is statistical data, and does not identify any individual. This information may be utilized to help improve website performance and function, helping Exchange to provide a better and more personalized service by enabling the organization to:
- Estimate audience size, browser statistics, popularity of content and usage patterns
- Enhance searches
- Recognize return visitors
Technology utilized for automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies (or browser cookies) – A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. Users refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting on the browser. However, selection of this setting may result in limited access to aspects of the website.
Exchange may tie automatically collected information to personal information retrieved through other sources provided by the user.
USE OF INFORMATION
Exchange uses information collected about users, or information provided by users, including personal information:
- To present our website and its contents
- To provide information, products or services as requested
- To offer and fulfill business purposes
- To fulfill any other purpose for which the information was provided
- To carry out obligations and enforce rights arising from any contracts entered into between, including billing and collection
- To notify users regarding changes to the website and/or any products or services offered/provided through the website
- To allow participating in interactive features
- To provide stored information regarding user preferences, allowing customization of the website experience
- In any other way described upon the information being provided
- For any other purpose, given user consent
Exchange may also use user information to contact that user regarding third-party’ goods and services.
If you do not wish for Exchange to use your information in this way, please contact us to opt out of the service.
DISCLOSURE OF USER INFORMATION
Exchange may disclose aggregated information about its users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
The organization may disclose personal information collected by or provided to, as described in this policy, including:
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties used to support business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential, using it explicitly for the purposes for which it has been disclosed
- To third parties for marketing products or service – third parties are contractually required to keep personal information confidential, using it only for the purposes for which it was disclosed
- To fulfill the purpose for which it is provided
- For any other purpose disclosed upon being provided the information
- With user consent
Exchange may also disclose personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including in response to any government or regulatory request
- If Exchange believes disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of The National Exchange Club, local Exchange clubs, Exchange districts or others related entity – this includes sharing information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit-risk reduction
CHOICES ABOUT USING AND DISCLOSING INFORMATION
Exchange aims to offer choices regarding the personal information provided, and have created mechanisms to provide the following options:
- Disclosure of Information for Third-Party Advertising. If a user does not want his/her personal information shared with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, for some third-party advertisers, that user may opt-out by contacting Exchange.
- Promotional Offers. If user does not wish to have his/her contact information used by Exchange to promote either the organization’s or third parties’ products or services, for some third parties’ products or services, that user may opt-out by contacting Exchange.
- Accessing and Correcting Your Information. Users may review and change personal information by logging into our website and visiting the Member Resources section.Usersmay also email Exchange at firstname.lastname@example.org. Exchange may not accommodate a request to change information if it is believes the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Adeleted member account may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other website users. Proper access and use of information provided on the website, including user content, is governed by Exchange.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California state law permits users of Exchange’s website, who are California residents, to request certain information regarding the organization’s disclosure of personal information (if any) to third parties for direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please email email@example.com.
Exchange has implemented measures designed to secure personal information from accidental loss and unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information provided by users is stored on (a) secure server(s), behind firewalls.
The safety and security of user information is also contingent upon that user. Where a password for access to certain parts of the website has been chosen and/or provided, each user is responsible for keeping the password confidential. Passwords registered with Exchange’s website are encrypted to ensure protection against unauthorized access to personal information. Users are asked not to share his/her password with anyone. Further, Exchange encourages users to be mindful when providing information on public areas of the website, as that information may be viewed by any user of the website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Exchange’s strives to provide users great protection of personal information, the organization cannot guarantee the security of personal information transmitted to its website. Any transmission of personal information is at the user’s risk. Exchange is not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on its website.
Exchange may change, add, modify or remove portions of this policy at any time, which shall become effective immediately upon posting on this page. The date the policy was last revised is identified at the bottom of the page. It is each user’s responsibility to review this policy for any changes. By continuing to use the website, the user agrees to any changes in the policy.
If you have any questions about Exchange’s privacy protection practices or believe the organization has not adhered to this policy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last modified: September 23, 2013